6/28/2006

A Note on the Introductory Assignment

In case I wasn't clear enough in my written and verbal descriptions of the "introductory assignment," let me reiterate that I'd like you to cover a few basics in your short autobiographical pieces (the 1-3 paragraph). I want you to include somewhere on your blog at least the following information about yourself:

1. Your first name (last name optional).
2. Your status (UAlbany student? Visiting from another institution?), year and major.
3. A sentence or two describing what background you have, if any, as a writer/journalist. This could include interests, accomplishments, goals or hobbies that you have that somehow relate to journalism.
4. If you haven't already covered it by answering item #3, your reasons for taking this course.
5. Any suggestions, ideas or expectations you have for the course. (Optional)

This information about yourself can appear either in one of the first few posts on your blog or in a sidebar, such as the "about me" section if you're using Blogspot.

Keep in mind that I will be available for an hour before class each Thursday in my office, Humanities 362. I'm also happy to set up appointments to meet with you at other times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home