5/29/2007

Your first assignments for JRL 200z

It was good meeting all of you tonight. In case any of our conversation was drowned out by the din of the fountain, I'll reiterate a few items:

1. Please send me an e-mail this week providing the following: your name, your major/minor, your writing background, particular types of journalistic writing (hard news, features, commentary, reviews, etc.) that interest you and any particular subjects you'd like to write about in this course. My e-mail address is ackerink@aol.com.

2. For Thursday, May 31, please read the following short item:

"How to Read a Newspaper"

3. On Thursday, I will collect your 1-2 page profile story on the classmate you interviewed tonight. Check out the following examples of similar pieces:

Erwin's Assignment #1
Matt's Assignment #1

4. Sometime before Tuesday, June 5, pick up the course packet at Shipmates in Stuyvesant Plaza. It should only cost a few bucks.

Feel free to call me on my cell if you have any questions, now or at any point during the course session. The number is (518) 210-6181. Also, feel free to leave a comment at the bottom of this post to let me know you've found the blog and read this post.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

read and duly noted :) thank you!

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home